Monday, September 20, 2010

Chilly in Sea Bass


Chilean Sea Bass, possibly one of my most favorite fish to eat because the texture and flavor sorta reminds of me succulent crab meat.

Unless you're ballin' like Kobe, you're probably buying Chilean Sea Bass fillets that's been defrosted in the seafood market at 99 Ranch Market. Still equally good I say and affordable! I bought a fillet for 12.95 and got two meals out of it! Ordering Sea Bass at a restaurant is guaranteed to be at the very least $30-35 dinner.

I was lazy so I made a very Asian flavored sauce and steamed it in a foil pouch.

Ingredients:
1/2 teaspoon of Chiu Chow Chili Sauce ( delicious, flavorful, and really hot so be mindful of the amt)
approx 1tablespoon of hoisin sauce (squeeze bottle- read somewhere that the flavor in squeeze is different from bottle)
splash of Aloha shoyu
2 dashes of mirin


Directions:
Heat oven to 450 F
Place pouch in oven and cook for 18 mins ( depending on size of fish)

I made two servings of the sauce because I put extra sauce on the fish after it was done cooking =)

 





Serve with hot jasmine rice and bok choy

No comments:

Post a Comment